* Exclusive to SmartTrade customers *
Given the increase in malicious hacker attacks we decided it was time to offer a full external backup service . Recently one of our customers had their computer hacked locking them completely out of their computer system via a 30 character password that was virtually impossible to break. They then received an e-mail demanding a US,000 for the password. The fact that they had backed up SmartTrade on the same computer meant they couldn’t access their backup to do a restore. We were able to restore their system but not recover their data. This isn’t an isolated instance, we know of other businesses who have suffered the same fate.
Accordingly, we are pleased to announce the release of SmartSafe, our new cloud based backup service for SmartTrade customers. SmartSafe is not just a backup for your SmartTrade data, it is a complete backup solution for your computer system .
The first question customers considering SmartSafe will ask is how much backup storage does my business need – typically 5Gb or 10Gb SmartSafe plans will suffice for most SmartTrade customers to store their SmartTrade database and important business documents, as seen in our pricing plan below the cost is extremely affordable.
Customers who wish to review the adequacy of their current backup solution should give us a call, we will get one of our technicians to look at your existing backup solutions to see if it is giving you the level of protection you need.
Features that SmartSafe offers:
• Easy to use Backup & Restore Wizard – the wizard allows you to easily restore data.
• Compression - makes transfer of data to the cloud faster and helps to reduce space required for data storage as the data doesn’t require as much bandwidth as for uncompressed data, saves time and is cheaper for the end user.
• E-Mail Notifications - An e-mail will be generated to tell you if the backup has been successful or failed.
• Scheduling and Real-Time Cloud Backup – you setup a schedule or backup everything automatically. SmartSafe runs as a Windows Service and tracks folders for new or changed files for backing up.
• Intelligent Bandwidth Scheduling - you control how much bandwidth SmartSafe is using at any given time – if you’re working, you can tell SmartSafe to use less bandwidth and run in the background. When you’re away from your computer, you can turn the SmartSafe bandwidth usage up to the maximum available.
• Data Encryption - data is encrypted with a unique encryption key before being sent to backup to protect it from unauthorized access. This guarantees data protection from unauthorized access during transfer via the Internet and while in storage.
• Both Cloud and Local Backup – you can set up a combination of cloud (standard) and/or local backup if you want to send only part of your data to the cloud and keep the rest on your local backup storage.
• Fully supported backups – you get full support including assisted recovery and restoration of data.
• Web access – you have on-line access to your backup data.
• SmartSafe is very reasonably priced:
| $ 16.00
| $ 1.60
| $ 26.00
| $ 1.30
| $ 50.00
| $ 1.00
| $ 70.00
| * Prices exclude GST
If you are interested in SmartSafe or if you have any questions please e-mail [email protected] or give us a call.